Wednesday 22 December 2010

General English: Elementary test

TEST

Complete the mini-dialogues with the present or past tense of the verb to be.

1. Where ____________ he from? He’s from Ankara.

2. Was the party fun? Yes, there _____________ lots of people there.

3. ________ she married? No, I don’t think so.

4. What ________ their jobs? They _____________ musicians.

5. We went to Prague last month. Prague is a beautiful city, what __________ the weather like?


Complete the sentences with the correct form of: have got / has got / haven’t got / hasn’t got.


1) James is sad. He ________ a lot of problems.

2) They don’t watch television. They ______________ a television.

3) I don’t feel very well. I think I ___________ a headache.

4) It’s a nice flat in Levent but it ______________ a view.

5) Everybody likes Marie. She _____________ many friends.



Match the jobs below with the sentence.

barber - dentist - air hostess - architect - journalist


1)
Before a building is built, this person draws the plans for it. This person’s job is a/an ____________________.

2) Someone who writes for a newspaper or magazine. This person’s job is a/an ____________________.

3) People usually see this person when they have a toothache. This person’s job is a/an ____________________.

4) This person takes care of you when you are flying. This person’s job is a/an ____________________.

5) Men usually get their hair cut from him. This person’s job is a/an ____________________.


Complete the gaps with a correct word.


I am from Istanbul. I ¹________ at home with my family. I am a banker, and I work in the head office in one of the city centres. Every day I ²_________ work at 8:15am and I ³___________ at 6:00pm. My job is usually very busy but sometimes it can be boring. After work I sometimes ____________ to the sports centre. My brother is a student. He ______________ at the university in Antalya.



No comments:

Post a Comment